Thread: Big UTV
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
MICRider,

I have done some more research and I am considering this again. How is your friends holding up?
I'm not sure how many hours he managed to accumulate on them but he did manage to get them out for a few good outings. He's very happy with them so far. Now our weather has tanked in a big way so I'm not sure how much they'll be using them.

Only problems he mentioned were that his seatbelt re-tractor failed when the seat belt was pulled all the way out, he was able to disassemble it and repair it himself. And his son had a problem with the 150 but it was repaired by the dealer under warranty.

One thing I hadn't thought of was that he managed to run something over and rip the sidewall out of a tire on his ODES machine. He went back to the dealer to get a new tire but found out that the machine uses a bit of an oddball tire (not size, I think brand/tread pattern) and the tire would have to be ordered as they aren't stocked locally. Luckily the dealer had a take off from another machine that he was able to sell him so he didn't have to wait for the new tire to be ordered in .