View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #10

Where do I begin? It is a cold rainy day, so I decided to go to work on my bike. This is a 250 clone of a Yamaha virago, made by Zongshen. First I need to tell you that last week I said I only had one cylinder firing. I new I had a problem, but I thought I did not have any heat in the exhaust pipe on one cylinder. I was wrong, that was a decorative pipe, the real pipe takes a hard to see path to the main tailpipe. It was firing, but I most likely was not getting enough fuel.

I intended to check the valves, but in removing the fuel tank, I found mouse stored seeds in the air cleaner! No big deal except I found some on the carb side of the filter. This has two filters, so I took apart the one the seeds were in, and found the assembly worker did not put the filter in the housing. So I have cleaned out a huge amount of mouse food, dust, bugs and who knows what else.

I can deal with that, I also need to deal with the low quality rubber used in the fuel and air hoses, as they are split and were also a bit kinked.

Here is my question:

I have the carb off, but still have the cables connected, and I notice when I move the throttle, the main slide in the carb does not move like I think it does in my hi bird. This is the same slide that has to be removed to do the C clip adjustment on the Hi Bird 200 dual purpose. It moves easily when I use my finger to slide it. Is that normal?