View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Waaaay out of my league, but I'd still like to take one for a rip. Looks like it was a nice day.
It was a little intimidating riding the Commander's $11,000 motorcycle with only 80 miles on it... He's VERY OCD too. He makes me look sloppy.... It was an honor he trusted me with it. :wink: It was a beautiful day. I was happy to leave my books behind for an afternoon and celebrate it.

BTW the real fun is when he brings me to the SWAT practice range. I can't take pictures of that though.

One thing about this bike I did not like though... I stand over 6 feet and I have pretty long legs. Even with my boots on I could not get flatfooted on the ground! Scott had to slide off the seat top get one leg down as he is not as tall! I don't like that for a trail bike, as I'm sure I'd tip over more than on a lower bike. For a desert racer it does not matter as much.

If I had a EXC500 I'd want to lower it, and that's not easy/cheap (I don't think) because it uses a linkageless rear suspension.

The (large) purchace price is just a start with this machine.

Then you need a skid plate, a rack, suspension lowering work, a largerr fuel tank, and a computer mod and desmogging. Before you know it you're out another grand or two just to get started!

I'm not saying it's not worth it (it is 8) ) but I can't spend that kind of $ for a dirtbike.

Mark my words as I may eat them someday.