View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #42

Today I removed the front wheel, inspected it, and tightened the spokes. Since I will be installing a Trail Tech Vapor computer on my CRF250X, I also removed the odometer and odometer cable from the motorcycle. In addition, I removed the odometer sending unit from the front wheel.

To ensure the front wheel was spaced properly between the forks, I had previously purchased on eBay a complete front axle with spacers for the CRF250R race bike. Before re-installing the front wheel, I put a dust seal over the bearing on the right side of the wheel. Then I re-installed the front wheel using the CRF250R axle and spacers. Here’s how the front wheel looks minus all the odometer equipment.

At some later date I might get the CRF250R lower fork guards, which omit the mounting bracket for the odometer cable.

Today I also installed a Tusk Compact Control Switch, and wired my headlight for high beam, low beam, and off positions. Therefore, my handlebar controls are all finished! Here are some photographs of the mirror perches and the Tusk control switch mounted on the handlebars.

Here’s the way the bike looks in completed, dual sport configuration for the state of Idaho, minus the stock odometer equipment.

The hardest part of today’s work was relocating the Honda kill switch, which fell apart several times before I finally got it re-attached to the handlebars! :roll:

Here’s the way my dashboard looks at present, minus the stock odometer. I’m still deciding how I wish to mount my Trail Tech Vapor computer. I will also be adding an ignition switch designed for the Honda CRF230F, so my bike won’t be so easy to steal when I take a short hike up the mountain, or stop inside a store for a few minutes.

The Tusk control has a rocker switch for turn signals. Therefore, I will add an LED flasher relay, wiring, and four turn signals at a later date. Turn signals are not required for street motorcycles in Idaho.

I also plan to add some Tusk D-Flex hanguards in the next week or so.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894