Thread: 2006 ZS250GS
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #20

Well after several hours on Saturday i managed to yank the motor out of the chassis. Only today to go and do something stupid... (ill get to that part in a minute) I pulled the top off the motor, everything looked good. Except, the bolt that holds the top sprocket in place for the cam chain was halfway undone, and the threads halfway in were messed up. I was hoping that was all it was. Then i decided to take the piston off and just check it out. First clip came out fine and i was very careful. Second one not so much. As i was pulling it out i lost my grip on it for a split second, and am fairly sure in dropped inside. After several very colorful choice words, i decided the only thing to do was to tear the rest of the ******* thing down and find it. So as it stands now, i have it mostly torn down, working to separate the two halves. I'm hoping to get to the rest of it this week if not it will be next weekend.

In the mean time has anyone had any luck recently getting in touch with zongshen america? I have tried calling and emailing with no reply on either avenue. I would really like to get the gasket sets on order so i'm not waiting to put the damn thing back together.

Your very frustrated forum fellow
m0t0