View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #22

Ok thanks for the tips about wiring and switch, been out of town for a few days hence the delay. Update: I received a shipment from the parts supplier containing the oil drain plug/filter, fuel filter, clutch lever assembly, and ignition switch, however they separated the order for some reason, and I did not receive the brake pump or clutch cable yet. I did have a few minutes to install (connect) the ignition switch and confirm that the wiring clip is compatible, but did not bring the battery with me to test anything as it was still on the charger - good news; battery is holding 13vdc, so that is one less thing I will have to buy for now I hope to have some time tomorrow to go over and install the clutch lever assembly, and maybe the clutch cable and brake pump will show up tomorrow and I'll be able to install those as well. I'm also going to drain the oil and replace the drain plug, reinstall the battery and see if I can at least get it to turn over with the electric starter and get the lights and horn working, now that I have a working switch. I will measure the center to center distance on the stock ign sw bracket and take some detailed pics as well. I start my week of on-call tomorrow, so if work gets crazy, I might not make it back over for a few days. Thanks again guys, for all the help.