View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #30

Hi All,
just back from the Kerry Location of the Irish Photo Rally which was the Glenmore Youth Hostel in Lauragh. Dull and wet start to the morning. Met up with Liam Leahy and his son William (who were at our Jawa Rally in Redcross last year) in Midleton. They on BMW RT1200, and Honda Deuville 650 respectively and me on my little Keeway 125. In fairness to Liam he led us off at a nice steady pace of 80-90kph and reduced this to 70 kph on the twisty roads of West Cork. First stop was Glengariff for a tea and scones at The Cottage Bar and Restaurant

Then we headed off toward Adrigole on the Beara Peninsula

and turned off up to climb the Healy Pass.

Fairly windy climb up here but the sun started to come out and the rain stayed away. After a brief stop at the top it was on to Lauragh and to the Glenmore Youth hostel at the shore of Glenmore Lake.

Photo's complete we headed back along the Lakeshore and around the coast to Kenmare and on to Kilgarvan stopping for tea,toasted sandwiches and chips at €6 a head, at a little restaurant The Village Grill. The owner was a mad F1 Ferrari Fan. This little place was covered in Ferrari memorabilia

This was across the road from former politician Jackie Healy Rae's pub. Poor old Jackie was under pressure as he had 2 bus loads of Hen Party's to cater for!

After being well fed we headed back home through Macroom and Cork with a tailwind behind us cruising along at 100kph. Got home with 410km on the trip clock. My longest one day spin in the saddle for nearly 30 years!
Butt is bit sore but other than that had a great day out!