Thread: Race ready???
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #2

I've not seen one of these bikes in person, but I think they would be a little heavy for competition -- and remember in woods racing they will be running against 250 2 strokes, the weapon of choice for many -- lighter, cheaper/easier to maintain, etc. (woods racing is still true displacement)

Also, they will need fully adjustable suspension and full size tires before being considered by harescramble enthusiasts. Still nothing would be stopping you from racing it if you wanted to.

My little 150 Hensim is a blast in the woods, and I could race it if I wanted... however I could not win on it, but I would not be last -- that's mostly because of the rider and not really the bike though. Personally I think these bikes are excellent choices for liesure woods riding. Don't get me wrong - I just hammered my Hensim pretty much non-stop for over 3 hours in the woods yesterday... and I mean hard... so it (at least so far) seems to be able to take the abuse.

I've seen people race XR200's before, so I guess there's nothing preventing you from racing one of these -- I just think time is better spent in non-competetive riding on them... you could race; you'll just be working harder than those on better adapted bikes.
'02 Kawasaki KX125