View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #18

Another very long interlude

Bloody hell time flies, I need a time machine! Life got in the way again.

At the last round we settled on a 135 main jet after a 137.5 showing just a hint of over rich at the end of the straight. we are lapping a little quicker now and only half a second or so behind the quickest lap of the weekend, with a small power increase we will be right up there at the sharp end.

The bodywork is completely fubar now after a visit into the scenery and burying the front end in the tyres to the point where the bodywork was squashed flat onto the forks and breaking the front brake lever off. Going to have to blob it back together for the one remaining round this year.

The gearbox worked without fault all weekend.

The exhaust is not very pretty but hasnt snapped off yet dispite breaking an engine mount thumping the chair wheel over the curbs. If you get it right the chair wheel is up in the air before reaching the apex and completely clears the curb.

I stopped looking for a carb after a 32mm unit came my way, unfortunately when I came to start looking at dealing with the manifold I realised it wasnt a 32 at all but was a 28. I feel I need to go up to at least a 30mm so will get back on it soon. Been told that the longer u-shape manifold that I have planned will be good for bottom end torque which is a good thing as pushrod motors are never gonna be screamers.

Hoping to make some updates and repairs over the w/e to the old bucket.