View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:39 AM   #18

07/30/07
I don't know how you guys can stand talking to new 2 riders. And I'm SO new.
Ambassador-You Made My Day! Thankyou for your call. I was at an unusually low bike moment.
Kato/ Thanks again. Solenoid died today. Now it works 1 in 10.

I was doing highway speed tests today. Raising needle, test. Dropping needle test. Getting hot, then idling. Air/fuel mix tests. Then bike stops on the highway. I thought it was my carb? Well that is what I worked on last so...

Can't get it started, my solenoid is dying so I start kicking, and kicking. I got it going for a bit then it stops. Kick and kick, ride for a bit then stops. I said to myself, I've read a posts about this.

I open the gas cap ala Fatboy 250, and kick. No use. Dirt in carb, likely, but I can't strap tools on the back since one of my bungies got pulled into the countersprocket case. I can't get the seat off. So I pushed the bike a couple miles to a gas station. I buy water because I'm boiling, and call the wife and tell her why I'm late. I kicked and kicked but couldn't start it. I pushed it the last 3 miles home. Thats when I undo the gas cap, look in, and see that it's empty. It might not be the only problem I got, but man it was bone dry. I need a tank/ :x

My brother got the dates that he has his kids mixed up. Now the trip is a go for Aug,3-7. Sooner is better for me. Ob1, I tried 1 notch up on the needle, and stock position, but bottom notch was working best just before my bike stopped working on the highway. Maybe I gave back the 112 too quickly? Still the 110 is sweet after the Mods compared to the 106. Best part of the 90 Km I did today was that no bulbs blew .