Thread: Lifan 250 carb
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Welcome!

With no battery and a bad carb (so the seller says), I wouldn't pay $400 for that bike. The truth is, if it won't start, you don't know if it's an electrical or fuel problem, and it could be simple or complex to fix. As well, you can't even ride it and confirm that it shifts properly and doesn't pop out of gear.

All of these things are fixable, and it would probably be a (relatively) inexpensive education. If you want it just for the experience of getting it in running condition, I have to say I can identify with that. I'd just hammer him on the price. My thinking is that we should strive for around $100 for any non-running China bike. Perhaps you and the seller can meet in the middle somewhere.

I'd need to see the carb before I can recommend a replacement, but there are several good models out there for cheap. As well, there is plenty of knowledge on this forum, and many good people who are willing to share it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer