View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #10

I was looking to spend a couple hundred just to get it going if that's what it took but it seems I can get away cheaper than that if I fabricate some things and of course learn more about what hacks I can get away with. And a good deal on a muffler sounds good too if all I have to make is the mid-pipe.

I would be 100% willing to entertain welding my own too, I have been looking for an excuse to get a pipe bending set to boot. I would need help to know what kind of steel and thicknesses would be best and yeah I would rip into it with gusto. I can gut that sausage piece too if that will be good. And while I'm at it I can fish that heat shield broken bolt out of it too.

Yah quieter with less noise is prolly the way to be thinking. I don't suppose I'm hunting top end speed performance, but I would like low end power for the hills around here which is the whole reason for this bike-so I don't have to walk 4 miles daily up and down hills. (This power vs speed question I have not started researching yet but know it also has to do with gearing.)

I'm headed out to work on one of our trucks that's down. I'll get to work on the bike later today maybe with any luck.

Thanks!
Jim

PS I also have a little chinese metal lathe if that helps me anywhere (like just trimming out an exhaust gasket (but that's another topic totally about things you can get away with))

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.