Thread: Tmec-200
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #30

I haven't been able to get on since my computer took a dump, but am borrowing my son's. I like what you have done to the TMEC! I have kept my TMEC relatively stock, including the EPA equipment. It does get hot, however--much more than my '09 bike which did not have the smog stuff. I have been riding in the 105 to 108 F range home from work (16+ miles), but this week has been even hotter at 114 F to 118 F. The bike does not skip a beat, fortunately, since I would hate to be sitting on the side of the road with turkey vultures waiting for me to cook to the proper temperature! I have a little over 1500 miles indicated by converting the odometer KMs reading on my bike since I started riding the new one in May.

I am glad to see you confirmed the KLR pegs, since someone mentioned this mod about 7 years ago when all the GY200's were about the same no matter who made them. Even though the TMECs are slightly different from other manufacturers it is nice to know that at least the foot peg mod is the same! There you go, Footer, since I believe you were wondering about pegs.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard