Thread: Tmec-200
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
going to have questions on this, but first ill ask a friend who is going to help me do it if it makes sense to him…

and i just put tape over the beeper for now, much quieter!! thanks for that tip!! ill be getting those fort pegs too, and should go look at my chain roller now while I'm thinking about it. this site is the best!!
These tips are great! I personally like the noisy turn signals simply because I am one of those types that forgets to cancel the signal and will ride for miles with my signal flashing. But I have been contemplating getting rid of the alien-to-me EPA smog crap that was forced on the '13 and '14 TMEC models.

I definitely need something for my chain because my chain rubs the rubber guide due to my smaller rear sprocket. I am hoping that Wade will convince the TMEC factory to start using 46 tooth rear sprockets as I have suggested to him numerous times. But they would definitely need to figure out a fix for the chain guide if they do that (or if Wade finds a manufacturer to make a 46 tooth rear with this bolt pattern in steel as an aftermarket option).

Speaking of rear sprockets, Rebel Gears of Tennessee (I think of Tenn, but they are on the internet) do have the TMEC bolt pattern when I had them make me a 40 tooth, but if you want to have them custom make you one, get at least a 44 in my opinion. But, keep in mind, they make them in an alloy since they are technically made for competition, and I went through a few chains on my commutes since the alloy ate them up (I did not realize people who compete in motocross and such will buy a chain just to use for a race or two, so that kind of made me realize that my sprocket had nothing necessarily wrong with it, as well as my chains, but the sprocket was not made for commuting like the stock 56 or the steel 48 I found in the UK via JT Sprockets (I guess you can order the 48 via JT's US affiliate, but it was easier and less cost to use an online parts retailer in the UK who carried them).

http://www.urbanbike.co.uk/

http://www.rebelgears.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard