View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #69

RX3 price

They haven't released the price yet. They are waiting for the EPA, and whoever else has to approve the sale of these, in the US. Interesting that California Scooter Co. should bring these in. I think they have done a pretty good job with their Classic line of bikes, that look like the old Mustang. I got a chance to look at a few in Tacoma, Washington, at a dealer. I was pretty impressed with the bikes, and owners seem to like them. Pricing may be high. Those bikes are assembled at their place in California.

I probably wouldn't buy a new RX3 for myself. I prefer a more traditionally styled dual sport, more on the order of an XT250, or DRZ400S, or KLX250. Also, I live on the big island of Hawaii, and would be concerned about warranty issues.

I read that these engines have a rocker, or rocker arm with a roller bearing. I wonder if they run the dual overhead camshafts on replaceable bearing also? I haven't seen a good drawing of engine internals. For me, a 250cc would be fine. Especially one with 26 horsepower (I think that's what I read on this bike). It is a heavy bike, but has a lot of good features. I wish Zongshen and Ca. Scooter Co. good luck with this bike. Your 65,000 mile Zong is a proven workhorse, and I hope the RX3 turns out to be as good.