View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #23

Kenny, thanks for taking the time to show us the steering neck. I tried searching for Qingqi, XF230 and Qingqi XF230 with no luck; perhaps Humanbeing will be able to help me. I am surprised to learn of the Qingqi connection, since they're known in NA for Suzuki clones. To my eye, your frame is patterned after a Honda.

The tank indent looks like it belongs there, aside from the paint blemishes. Fork indents are a very common mod in the café community, and Dustin Kott creates fork and knee indents with just a ball pein hammer. He does a great job, and I encourage you to search out his vids.

Since you intend to replace your tank, perhaps you'd care to practice creating the indents you'd like, and then paint the tank. You could roll the right side fork indent to look like the left with little effort.

That 450 is good looking, but I wish it didn't have that big rad in the front. I'm also not sure about that muffler. I really like that muffler design, just not on a café.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer