View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for posting your informative review of the RX3.

I'm very glad to hear the cush hub is being retained with the 17-inch rear wheel. The larger rear wheel will also require a larger, rear sprocket to maintain the stock gear ratio.

Also, the RX3 might lack some power at lower rpms because the stock sprocket ratio is geared a little too high. This is another reason why it's important to have a nice selection of larger sprockets available for the cushioned rear hub.

P.S. I'm also pleased to know the RX3 will included the modified, split side cover I discovered in an earlier post. This modified cover will make it much easier to clean, and inspect the foam air filter. The old design required you to remove the luggage rack before you could service the air filter.

The rear sprocket is something I forgot to consider regarding the rear wheel change, hopefully they'll have it all sorted out (pretty sure they will). Another item to note is that they are attempting to correct the speedo ratio. Having never really worked on speedo gears or changing them, do you think it would be possible to get a custom cut gear made for the rx3 if enough people are interested?