View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #5

Eddy, I have corresponded with you before, but I would like to officially welcome you to Hell, er, Arizona. (the heat, not necessarily-the emphasis on necessarily- the state itself). I live in the backward jungle of Yuma, AZ. I had come to Arizona 4 years ago, via the Navajo Nation in northern AZ, where I lived and taught for 2 years, and the last 2 in Yuma, from the San Fernando Valley (Northridge-epicenter of big '94 quake) of the greater Los Angeles area. I am 36 years old, and had lived in LA for 20+ years after moving with my family when I was 10, from Chicago, where I was born.

On another forum, you had stated the differences in MVD offices, and the personnels interpretation of the laws. I have been getting hassled in Yuma trying to street register my Jetmoto, and will be trying your route, the off-site MVD office at Cash and More II in Phoenix. I happen to have to get there this Friday for other business, but am very pissed-off at the MVD runaround. I don't know if you have noticed, but compared to LA and I am sure Chicago, many of the people in AZ have an ignorant way about them, and this ignorance magnifies itself if an ignorant person is given an authority position, such as the supervisor in Yuma--the same lady who has overseen my NOT getting street registered, without jumpoing thru a few hoops, such as "bonding" my title for a couple hundred bucks extra.

What gets me about this is that on the forum group, www.ridingarizona.com there are several people who had little to no trouble street registering, yes, street registering, quads. Anyway, sorry to go off-topic, but if tomorrow (7/14) is successful, I will be taking a ride around the region, including from Yuma to Phoenix, up to Flagstaff, etc. If you would like to ride along. (That goes for anyone who wants to come along). Yes, it will be in the cooler months!!