View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #1

Gravel Pit Again

So I am sitting at my house last Sat and I got up to take the trash out. When I went outside, the sun hit my eyes and there was some warmth ( even for NE Ohio in Winter) in the air. I went back in a told my wife... "Going riding..." She is used to this and just said "Have fun" Too cold for her to ride though. The unplanned adventures are the best. I went to the garage and fired up the Lifan. I strapped my tool pouch on the rear rack and took off. Soon as I was on the road I knew where I was headed... the Gravel pit.

It's 28-30 miles to this place but it is one of the very few places to ride any off-road in NE Ohio. While I don't think it is totally legal, there are no "no trespassing" signs ( I have searched) and the entrance road has no gate. Many people have ridden there over the years.
It consists of a few easy trails and some short monster, rutted out, 50-75 ft hill climbs. Several muddy trails and a few big mud puddles that I have not tested to see how deep or gooey they were. I just skirted them. I tore around that place until I was pretty tired. Put 22 KM on the ODO while I was there. Fun day!! This is the same place ImEasy and I went to in October.

On arrival..

These are the hills I was going up and down. Once in the power band and with knobby tires, the Lifan is a pretty tough little hillclimber.

I am gonna have alot of fun on this bike!!