View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #33
Banned

May work into a group ride after all,

The delay will probably mean delivery in Late April , even possibly May, depending on ship date and strike status at unloading dock.
That will resolve the cold riding concerns voiced at my initial post.
ALso,
I it drags on into May (or Later), I'm thinking go the Tahoe, Utah, Colorado, to KS to visit my son in Ft Riley, KS, then on to ALtamont to Kato's to enjoy his offer of hospitality/camping with his family. That will allow us to do any maintainance and or repairs before undertaking the final 1000 miles approx left in our trip.ANyone wanting or needing to stop in can do so at my place for a shower, free camping (with beautiful Wind Creek state pk campground oly about 7 miles from my house. (all on beautiful Lake Martin. The state pk has a beautiful sand beach, shaded campsites (all of them) individual campsites OR a camp site with group areas with showers, wifi, charging for cell and GPS etc. Not sure cost, but is reasonable as hell, I'm sure. I can get that info and post up if anyone needs that info for trip planning.
Again, or free at my place. I have a shop at my office with covered work area (concrete also), full tools from welding to milling machines and 30 ton press, etc. I built some performance (Ultralight/Microlight type Rotax) aircraft engines in the late 90's and for World Air Games in 2003, out of that shop. Tools are the same as then mostly, so no CNC etc. All "Old School" type & appropriate for a 58 yr old hard headed engine nut! hehe

ANyway should be able to get anyone in our group, needing a patch here or there squared away, maybe...