View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #10
Banned

Mom's garage use...@83 yrs old;)!

Dad and I "went in" on a Christmas present for Mom a few yrs ago, when she was 79.
Her DREAM machine is (was then also) a rear tine tiller for her awesome garden!

Her old top engined tiller was about worn out and it was really too much for her to handle, much less start with a recoil starter.
I found a Troy Built, rear tine, (with reverse!)8.5 hp, dream machine (for her)! at Lowes that was a return for almost 50% off! They normally are 12-1500.00 for the large air inflated tired high output electric start models. Paid about $650.00! for it. SHe went nuts, and loves it as she can use it w/o assistance, even start it herself now. It can back out of the shed or garage etc. (or garden snafu's).
ANyway Dad gave her a like new Tahoe for Christmas the next year, and she was happy with that as it was her favorite vehicle and many of her friends had them as well.
Dad comes home in March, one beautiful Spring day, sees Tahoe in Dway, and tinks its getting a bath etc.
Pulls in his spot, and low and behold, the Tahoe has been displaced by the Tiller! hehe he was NOT pleased to say the least! hehe

After much discussion, probably some heated! there is now a nice shed at the Hill home, for tools and tiller storage! Dad's 4 wheeler now also is out of the garage and in the shed with the tiller as well... hehe Peace restored at the Hill home again...and some GREAT healthy veggies are regularly on the table, as well as on her catering company's menus!

TOOO Funny!!

HOWEVER, I'm claiming my messiness and garage "diversion(s)" are a result of genetics and is of a heredity induced nature! !

sooo, not my fault! hehe