View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:10 AM   #42
Banned

Thanks Spud... A REAL SERIOUS Adv ride. (my life now).

Sometimes life is soooo funny, especially with family hijinks! I think ALL families have these "hidden" idiosyncronicities!
When I was young(er, stuff bothered me a lot more...now after my health issues and battles, not so much.

Life becomes MUCH more clear and precious, as well as the reality we all are aware of but mostly is ignored: that's death, of course. The simple fact that no one gets out alive....the experience we ALL SHARE, unfortunately eventually. When I got my call, it was shocking and very difficult.
The fact that now, I may get a reprive/pardon for a few more years, possibly, is really awesome, and one reason for the purchase of my new RX-3.

I want to experience and see as much of our beautiful world as possible in the years left, and share all the hard earned, and frequently DEARLY paid for, things learned to get to age 58, and fighting Hepatitis C type 1.
2 yrs ago, my daughters Mom, (my ex, obviously) died of this exact same disease! My Dr (a 30+ yr longtime friend as well as a GREAT , caring, Dr.) called me with the unfortunate diagnossis.. EVen knowig that was most likely why I was tired, coudn't get any positive results from exercise and or physical activity, memory loss, fatigue, inability to stay motivated to work and take care of myself, much less others (as was usual to a couple yrs ago). It has always given me GREAT! satisfaction to help others any way I can. (Still does when I have a situation which allows that.)

Oh, by the way younger people on here...Its had been 25+ yrs since I had ANY body parts touch, or mor important, comingling of body fluids! I'm told its dormant for 25+ yrs (in my case)! 1985, POSSIBLY 1986!
She looked fine back then...a LOT like (model) Cheryl Teigs!, healthy and beautiful. Hers remained dormant also until she was mid 50's most likely, and I really worked HARD to find some help for her...just wasn't there, then. I believe clinical trials were finally done/completed about 14 months ago. (Chime in and correct me any "experts" on here...)

I am taking an anti viral, and a chemo type (or maybe oral chemo) called ribavirin. Rough stuff..I dread taking it, except I must to keep my immune system suppressed, non functioning to a large part, so the $1000.00! a DAY Sovaldi antiviral can kill the replication of the HepC virus, its Mode of virrus reduction, hopefully the cure eventually, that MAY take 6 months, IF I don't build a resistance to the Sovaldi. Then, of course, its the opposite outcome. Weak (from treatment...much like cancer treatment using chemo), and limited time to arrange affairs.

Its STILL hard to say that and comprehend...
ALso, weird (first time I ever shared this with ANYONE except close family, but I feel comfortable here, and that I am with like minded people. MAYBE someone is contemplating a test for something, etc (THAT little VOICE! in the back of your conciousness..I learned LISTEN to that! It, at least saves $. BUT there MAYbe much more at stake than a few $!! Hopefully not though...

ANyway, the trip home from California is an incentive for me to keep taking the drugs as I am supposed to, to keep on keeping on, and then to reward myself with the bike and ride home, a GREAT visit with my Son and a meeting , some Quality Time and visit with some of you guys!

Hopefully this post isn't inappropriate, and those of you having difficulties re health, finances, or in your personal lives, trust me...Its gonna be OK long term...and it can be MUCH, MUCH worse!

The generosity and offers to help other Rx-3 buyers is really uplifting..and makes my decision to stretch for it even more assured! No "buyers remorse" here. hehe