View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #1728
Banned

Agreed 3 banger, WELL DONE, Zong!

Unreal $ for hp IMHOThe underseat layout is VERY unusually well thought out and done, IMHO, even vs Jap and other quality motorcycles, IMHO.
Easy to find and identify all parts (for ease of owner maintainance and servicing.) This is really starting to make me think this IS the "breakthrough" bike from China! Though Spud, and others probably think they already have them (the 200's! This bike, is currect, even cutting edge in some areas, and user friendly for mods also, unlike some other bikes.
If we get the fueling (EJK) or similar, I am pretty sure I'm going to turbo mine. Probably start with 5-6 lbs boost, no ICooler etc. Then go from there. The MPFab Yamaha Wr250 kit has proven VERY durable, and extremely powerfull, as well, on those motorcycles. The weight addition is minimal as a % of total weight, but doubling almost the tq and HP while improving fuel economy (if not boosting, of course) REALLY appeals to me. The improved atomization and air fuel mixing yields the better economy. I'm on a forum where quite a few members and 1st gen Insight owners turboed their cars, with very good results. The fuel additions were done without ANY ecu tuning, and vary from crude to non effictive, IMHO, but so far proven very reliable. The Only failure was a holed piston after over 250,000 miles (right, 1/4 million miles), and only had an additional injector that fired under boost (maybe not always, after those miles, causing lean failure)?
ANyway, I got no issue with a piston every 100,000 miles or so, and I will tune mine thoroughly, also. The Insight has not got squirters, which would most likely pulled enough heat from the piston to keep it from melting, IMHO.

MPFab does the Wrr kit. I will attempt a group buy when I get ready to do the install, and document it on here as well. Anyone interested?
Link to MPFab kit is here (for Wrr250).

http://www.mpfab.com/product/mpfab-s...amaha-wr250xr/ Cost, all up, is $2050.00, now.
Unreal cost to hp ratio..best of anything, IMHO. ALso reliable if done as recommended. A big bore kit will possibly throw off engine balancer, and has to be tuned as well, costing the same or more, for less gains, probably.
Just my 2cents...