View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
@ G19Tony -----Spanner sizes –

Rear axle21mm both sides, alignment adjusters 13mm
Front axle 19mm one side. The other side, protruding round shaft with aprox 8mm hole through the diameter held tight by 2 x 10mm fork pinch bolts.

@ jimjr21 -----

I will remember your photographic tip for the future, thanks.
It was a shame because there really was a fantastic view from there.

@ SpudRider ----
My bike came without the cush hub which would have been a nice addition .That said I’m not finding it uncomfortably snatchy

The rear sprocket seems to match the JTR 897 – 44 but no good for the cush hub version but this link shows that it’s still using a 44 tooth sprocket
http://2.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43664671492&spm=a230r.1.14.279.wdjGJj& ns=1&abbucket=8#detail
The front sprocket has 14 teeth with a flange on the inner side. It is secured to the shaft with a bolt and lock washer. The outer side has a hole to one side of the bolt where a small tongue from the lock washer fits in to. The lock washer has a tab that is bent up against one of the bolts flat edges to hold it in place. Im sure you know the sort of thing it is.
Sorry I can’t give you shaft and spline details at the moment but I want to make sure I can get a replacement lock washer before I start taking it a part.
I will re check the teeth number and get back to you because this link shows the front sprocket having 13 teeth.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-7242439086.119.ZmWXGG&id=39099439130

@ 3banger ---
Thanks for the morale booster; I will try not to make dropping the bike a regular thing.
The bike had a soft landing because I was pretty much underneath it!
But the screen broke when it hit my rubbish wheelie bin. It’s now back on the bike but looks bloody awful where I have glued it back together. A new one is on order!

@ Weldangrind -----
I will definitely take your advice on lifting the bike in the future. I’ve already got a dodgey back and shoulder from years of bad lifting!
Thanks for the spanner info, mate!