View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibberwobble View Post
I've got to say that is indeed a wicked bike, really looks good. Glasto Tor is a nice walk and the gorge must be quite fun to ride
Yeah will have to take a ramble there when it gets a bit warmer.Im still in the early stages of trusting the bike so it will be a while before i dont have chicken stripes on the tyres! that said it was still fun to ride the gorge to help me gain my confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Katflap,
If you have time, and are so inclined, I would love to know the dimensions of the counter shaft (C/S) sprocket.
You can loosen the locking tab by tapping it lightly with a hammer and chisel/screwdriver. Just widen the tab enough to loosen the bolt. You might also need to loosen the rear axle to get enough slack in the drive chain to remove the C/S sprocket.
You are probably right ,the tabs on the lock washer should survive a few uses.
I could really do with the torque setting for the bolt before i start jumping up and down on a spanner inside a scafold pole.
I really dont want to screw any thing up at the moment ,ive got to ride it to work in the morning

Regarding the plastics --
the Black plastic seems to be all the same , quite flexible .As you have said the orange plastic is different and painted ,though the outer seems to have a Clear Lacquer on top.
The inside of the fork protector i have scrached with a screwdriver to reveal the black plastic underneath ( see arrow in picture )