View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #1761
Banned

Wraps? instead of repaint?

I haven't used "wrap" before (in lieu of a repaint), but I'd bet I can get us a GBuy on sets of these in matching colors for our bikes when we need to repaint them. The wraps look like a very good paint job (see STeve's camo wrapped model pics from show).

This would make relatively "painless and very inexpensive maintainance of our bikes "paint" plastics. It will insure the quality of the finishes on the bikes remain high and uniform, rather than haphazard as many "painters" won't do what is necessary to insure quality equal to the Zong factory finish. Bad re-paint COULD give naysayers a bitch that would be hard to disprove, if the plastic fades annually (like on my MX Yamaha blue especially!) and was repainted with runs, not wetsanded or clearcoated, etc. I would like these bikes resale to stay high, ideally at or above purchase pricing, since they are so far below other bikes with much less standard equipment. That will PROVE the quality is not just a perception on Zong bikes, but actually is there long term, as used markets stay strong, honoring Zongs investment in quality design, engineering, and manufacturing!

SOmeone needs to get these spares everyone wants/needs in stock, (like the shifter, LED headlight (unless we get that upgrade), a brake lever thats foldable like shifter (If available now), the wrap (for ALL painted surfaces be available, in case someone changes their color choice AFTER purchase!, or accident, tank dings or other issues, etc. I'd put up $ for the buy and stocking if someone who has experience will help order the stuff and deal with Taobao for a % or whatevers fair we agree on.
Anyone interested pls PM me. Maybe even have a group of owners up to 4 or 5? to "own" the "store" and have discounted goods (Like Geno's Garage does for Dodge truck/Cummins vehicles. COmmon use wanted items that CSC doesn't stock like the reusable oil flters, the above listed stuff, a larger windshield, "loop type bags", heated grips, vest, etc, water proof/resistant gear, etc.