View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmackay318 View Post
I guess I'll give wade a call today, my only worry about the TMEC was that it wouldn't be able to carry someone my size at 55mph comfortably.
It's a shame on the price. I am only 5' 7" and 165 lbs, and the bike rides me at 60 to 65 mph, but I did change the sprocket to a 48 tooth which I had to source from England (the only real downside is the hub pattern is based on a few obscure European-only bikes like a Yamaha XT 125 SM, or the European brand Derbi Senda 125. That is the least teeth sprocket available, too. I ordered it from a bike parts/accessories store in the UK who were more than happy to deal with me in the US (it costs about $45 USD including shipping), as other UK and Euro stores were not so willing to deal with me, and JT Sprockets US headquarters had some complicated ordering system in place in which it would cost more, and come from the UK, anyway.

This morning, I was following a coworker on the final several mile stretch to work which is a two-lane county highway road with a 50 mph posted limit, and since my speedo does not work well (ironically the odometer is pretty much spot on) when we both got to work, and I asked him how fast we were cruising, he said 60 mph. My bike was not at full throttle, and I have gone slightly faster on the bike. It is essentially stock with the stock PZ30 carb as I have not upgraded to Weldangrind's Ebay source for Mikuni (possibly clones, but cheap and high quality as everyone who has purchased one has reported) other than the sprocket. And it is on the 17"/17" street tires since Yuma's sand is far to beach-like for two wheelers so I figured I would not be going on any of our sand trails on knobbies (you need a quad or UTV or buggy around here unless you are hardcore at the Imperial Sand Dunes or Glamis on two wheels with paddle tires). I have 7099 kms/ 4412 miles on the bike since the end of May daily commuting (with the exception of being off of work for a month following an accident on the bike (which did very little damage to the bike but broke my arm and my collarbone). Just my experience with the TMEC--your mileage, riding and needs will differ...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard