View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #7

Maybe this has been addressed earlier but if it has, I cannot locate it; what will the seat height be with the 17 inch rear tire? I suspect the standard published specifications reflect the seat height of the bike with the standard 15 inch tire. One of the big selling points and appeal of this bike for me, (actually for my wife who currently rides a TW200), was the relatively low seat height.) Now it appears that must have changed. I don't want to get embroiled in the "one foot down/two feet down" controversy. I have the same inseam as her (30 inches), but I can ride anything because I've been riding for more than 40 years. She's only been riding for 3 and I don't want her to have a bad experience that'll put her off ever getting on a bike again because of seat height on a relatively heavy bike. I may still buy two so we have the same bikes, hoping there'll never be a problem but.....lower would be better for her. On the other hand, it is an excuse to sell the 3 TW's, 3 honda XL500's, a Suzuki 185 and various smaller Yamaha's cluttering up my shop. I'll keep my BMW F for my longer trips though.