View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
The engine donar. 3.5HP Tecumseh. Almost the same as the minibike would have had originally. Carb needs a rebuild and the fuel tank has a hole. I think we will need to route the exhaust out the back and find a tank that will fit on the frame.
I'm geeking out over this project! I hope it arrives safely.

Thanks for the pics. I'm not familiar with Tecumseh utility engines like I am with Briggs. I see that the exhaust is on the same side as the output shaft, but I can't tell if it's pipe thread, gasket mount or both (like an old Briggs).

I see the four mounting holes around the output shaft that will accept the TAV. The Briggs I used on the last mini I built didn't have those holes, so I swapped a later case cover on. I never did install a TAV, but at least the option is there for the new owner.

I'm totally willing to help fabricate an intake tube that will work with a small Mikuni, so you can easily connect to a standard dirt bike twist throttle.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer