View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #2449

2 Interesting Bikes

While waiting for our RX-3's to arrive, I'll offer some comments on two interesting machines.

KTM is coming out with a Duke version of their Indian-built RC390. If they decided to offer an adventure turing version of this bike, it would be interesting competition for the RX-3. Particularly if they offered it in Zongshen Yellow. But the stripped down Duke is priced at $5K. And I expect an adventure tour version with bags etc would be at least $6. I'm still happy with the RX-3 package, or expect to be once I get my hands on it.

Another bike that caught my eye is the new AT-styled Yamaha FJ-09. Not that I would consider it either: I don't need 100 hp, I don't want to put a payment well north of $10K into a bike. Also, I noticed that Yamaha suggests you not use both the side cases and the top case at the same time since it might upset the machine. What? Still, the single amazing stat on this bike is that with side bags, and wet (I think) its just a shade over 100 pounds heavier that the RX-3. Wow!