View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #2466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm pleased to see that. I might consider upgrading my bikes as well.
The RX3 forks have very similar dimensions to the standard, Chinese forks on my Zongshen ZS200GY-2. Therefore, I thought they were most probably designed the same internally, with only minor external differences. I am glad to say I was mistaken.

The standard Chinese forks use shorter springs with a large metal spacer on top of them. Consequently, the springs are not as strong as desired. Please note the springs, spacers, and cartridges in the following photograph.

Unless the spacer is at the bottom, it appears the RX3 forks don't employ the large spacer. Therefore, the springs are probably longer and more robust.

Traditionally, the Chinese bikes have had inferior suspensions. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised when the magazine reviewers gave such good ratings to the RX3's suspension. The improved forks have undoubtedly contributed to the improved ride.

Also, the RX3 employs a progressive, lower shock linkage, which has been notably absent in many Chinese motorcycles. In addition, Zongshen has added rebound damping and pneumatic pressure to the RX3 shock absorber. These features have undoubtedly improved the rear suspension.

Now we learn Zongshen as developed new, upgraded forks which have added rebound damping.

I am very impressed with the way Zongshen continues to improve this motorcycle. If the RX3 forks fit my other Zong's triple tree, I might move them over to the smaller bike, which will give me an excuse to install the upgraded forks on the RX3.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894