View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #2469

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Is anyone else impressed with the polish and finish on the internal engine and fork parts? It's one thing to see a nice polish on metal parts like handlebars, but seeing a good finish on internal parts shows attention to detail.

Two questions on the RX3 forks:
  1. Is there any need to protect inverted forks from dirt and rock damage (in addition to the fork guards) ... fork boots? gaiters?
  2. Is there any need for a fork brace (like this one) to strengthen an inverted fork?
Yes, I am impressed by the quality of manufacture of the parts. However, I am not surprised; I am accustomed to such quality from Zongshen.

There is no need for a fork brace. The 37mm USD forks are very robust; I have USD forks the same size on my Zongshen ZS200GY-2.

Lower fork guards are sufficient protection for USD forks. The chevron shape of the fork guards on the RX3 is very stylish, but unconventional.

I like the appearance of the chevron fork guards. The lower fork tubes are also somewhat encased, and protected by the front fender and its supports.

In everything but the sloppiest conditions, I'm confident the stock fork guards should work very well. If proven necessary, it won't be hard to add a little additional protection. However, I agree with 3banger; I don't like gaiters.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894