View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #2493

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
quite right ,i have brought shame to my title ,please except my profuse apologies

perhaps a little jealousy crept in after seeing photos of long empty roads and mile upon mile of dirt tracks with stunning views that you guys will get to ride when your bikes arrive.

sorry, didnt see you had the vids already

Regarding the forks -
My bike has yet to see mud but commuting in the rain with salted roads plus a good helping of sand, courtesy of a nearby quarry, i have only noticed a bit of build up at the bottom of the fork tubes not near the fork seals. This i think is from water running down rather than a sand blast effect.

some spray does come up the front and also hit the front of the tank through the steering yoke but probably this will be eliminated with the upgraded mudguard thats on your bikes

Have done a test order on Taobao (thanks to spuds tutorial)
extended windscreen
wing mirrors
oil filters

Did my first oil and filter change the other day,no problems, magnetic drain plug was clean of filings.The two oil strainers had trapped a few small swarf bits of aluminium . All good

please excuse any typing errors , sodding cat is allover my keyboard
Your apology is accepted, mate. Your services to The Cult of The Zong have far exceeded any minor indiscretion.

Thanks for confirming the forks are pretty well protected with the stock equipment. I'm glad you negotiated your first Taobao transaction. Now that you know the procedure, all subsequent orders will be much easier.

I am an ailurophile; let's see some photos of you cat.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-09-2015 at 01:41 AM.