Thread: Tmec-200
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTrack View Post
For oil changes...bike takes exactly 1 quart of oil.

Ordered a 48 tooth rear sprocket off eBay UK. This bike needs more gear bad, all the power is down low. Seems happiest around 45-50mph with stock gearing, looking to get up to 60-65 with gearing.
I don't know if you researched it or took my advice from one of the threads for the 48 tooth sprocket, but I could only find one dealer in the UK out of all the dealers in the UK and Continental Europe I could find who was willing and able to mail order a darn sprocket. It was far less complicated than JT Sprockets official channels, and cheaper too! I just wish there was a 46 or 44 they made!?

I have religiously used 1 liter of oil for my changes, but not sure if it makes a big difference using 1 quart. One of the chain auto parts stores carries Castrol 10w-40 4-stroke oil in both liter and quart sizes, so I have always bought that (probably a little fancy, but the savings in gas for my daily 33 mile commute more than make up for paying a couple bucks extra). I have the street tires, which are still great after over 5k miles, so I will be interested to see how the knobbies are in comparison.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard