View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 11:37 PM   #2765

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldqwerty View Post
It's all relative. I'm spoiled. I've been riding TW200s mostly, with sealed batteries, o-ring chains, and all LED and HID lights. A complete service is a quart of oil and a few squirts of various maintenance goos. Takes about an hour. All filters are reusable, chain stretches so slowly adjustments are only needed (rarely)...
Indeed, the maintenance for the Yamaha TW200, and my Zongshen ZS200GY-2 which employs the same engine, is very minimal. My Zong requires the least maintenance of any of my four motorcycles.

I employ AGM batteries, O-ring drive chains, and LED lights on my bikes. However, changing the oil on my Zong is the simplest procedure for all of my motorcycles, and one never needs to check the coolant or watch the temperature on an air cooled engine. Having said all this, the maintenance required for the Zongshen RX3 will also be pretty simple.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894