View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #2800

I caved

Yeah, I'm weak. After seeing the pictures of the white RX3 on the blog, I caved and ordered a second one for myself today to be delivered with the Blue one I ordered for my wife. I'm getting them delivered to my house in Oregon on or about the 18th of August as a surprise anniversary gift to my wife, (and me). I was super torn between the white and the Orange, but my BMW F650 is "Mango", kind of an Orangish-yellow, so I'm branching out. I just have to stay strong and not call CSC and change my mind on the color 3 dozen times between now and then, (please lord, let them sell out of the Orange soon so I'm not so conflicted!!!)

I'll be going home on vacation for a couple of weeks starting 15 August so I can be there when they get there. I'll get Barb, (my wife), to help me assemble them. She's a hot mess with a wrench but I'm an experienced motorcycle/car/boat/helicopter/lawn mower fiddler, so they should come together with no problem.

I think I'll start shopping for new riding gear for her, (I don't need any). She's not crazy about full face helmets but after I broke a few ribs just before Christmas, (here in Haiti of all places), and would have been knocked out cold and possibly killed, (definately robbed - I see that every week), if I hadn't been wearing a good helmet; I predict an Arai XD in her future too unless someone has a better idea. I've got probably a dozen mid-priced DS helmets, but she deserves the best. I figure I saved enough money on the bike that I can afford a good helmet for her.

On second thought, maybe I better let her choose what gear she wants because she's a woman and colors seem important to those things.

Before I forget; I dealt with Ryan at CSC on the second bike too and I'm really impressed with his patience and follow-through on answers. It was an extremely easy transaction both times.