View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #2801

Colors are important, but should DEFINITELY take a back seat to safety! I, personally, ride in gender neutral high viz yellow, just to ensure those coffee drinking, cell phone talking cagers can see me just a little bit better. They have some great hot pink high viz gear for women now as long as some other bright colors... if she's into that sort of thing.

I've found that Cycle Gear carries a decent amount of women's gear, so I visit them often to try on riding jeans, jackets, gloves, etc... Not sure if there's one close to you, but they've got my vote as far as trying stuff on.

On the helmets... be sure she tries them on before buying. I have an Arai Quantum, but it's the only Arai that fits my head shape without pressure points. The fit is most important as if she gets a helmet that hurts her head, so won't be comfortable when riding. :-)

Congrats to you both on your new bikes!! Glad to see more ladies riding their own RX3s!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Yeah, I'm weak. After seeing the pictures of the white RX3 on the blog, I caved and ordered a second one for myself today to be delivered with the Blue one I ordered for my wife. I'm getting them delivered to my house in Oregon on or about the 18th of August as a surprise anniversary gift to my wife, (and me). I was super torn between the white and the Orange, but my BMW F650 is "Mango", kind of an Orangish-yellow, so I'm branching out. I just have to stay strong and not call CSC and change my mind on the color 3 dozen times between now and then, (please lord, let them sell out of the Orange soon so I'm not so conflicted!!!)

I'll be going home on vacation for a couple of weeks starting 15 August so I can be there when they get there. I'll get Barb, (my wife), to help me assemble them. She's a hot mess with a wrench but I'm an experienced motorcycle/car/boat/helicopter/lawn mower fiddler, so they should come together with no problem.

I think I'll start shopping for new riding gear for her, (I don't need any). She's not crazy about full face helmets but after I broke a few ribs just before Christmas, (here in Haiti of all places), and would have been knocked out cold and possibly killed, (definately robbed - I see that every week), if I hadn't been wearing a good helmet; I predict an Arai XD in her future too unless someone has a better idea. I've got probably a dozen mid-priced DS helmets, but she deserves the best. I figure I saved enough money on the bike that I can afford a good helmet for her.

On second thought, maybe I better let her choose what gear she wants because she's a woman and colors seem important to those things.

Before I forget; I dealt with Ryan at CSC on the second bike too and I'm really impressed with his patience and follow-through on answers. It was an extremely easy transaction both times.
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange