View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #3

Update!

Yesterday was a looong day. My little tool broke so I had to run to harbor freight and barely made it before they closed to pick up a hex key socket set that had the 12mm key in it. I got my spokes in the mail and put in the new spoke, then re trued the rear wheel. After I had the entire wheel assembled on the bike, I noticed I forgot to put the rim strip on and had to take everything apart again. I then trued the front wheel.

After doing all of that I punctured a 2cm hole in the front tube when putting everything back together, so I had to run to the nearest Autozone (20 miles away) and purchased a tire patch kit and an inter tube patch kit. The inter tube patch seems to be holding fine, but I won't be going on any long rides for a few days to make sure it isn't leaking.

So far everything seems to be working perfectly. Before all of this I would let go of the bars and the bike would start oscillating side to side very quickly. I would get horrible wobbles when slowing down or hitting 50+ mph. Today I maxed my bike out (apparently 72mph) with absolutely no bar wobble. It felt like I was on a new bike

I want to thank you all for the time you have put into helping me on this journey, I would never have been able to do it on my own