View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm struggling to understand how the idle could be that high with the slider all the way down. Even with a bad vacuum leak, the idle would most likely settle eventually.

No disrespect intended when I ask, are you certain that the slider is in the right way? You seem to be very experienced, but it is an easy mistake to make. The slider has a small ramp at the bottom that lines up with the idle screw, and I suspect it's above the screw or 180 degrees out.
I wasn't too sure at first so what i did was removed the carb so i could get to it easier, i installed the slider correctly and looked through the intake to make sure it was sitting all the way down, this was my first thought aswell. as for the timing it may be possible that it is off by a tooth, at first i had no clue about timing and all that i mostly work on CG engines so the whole cam/timing thing was a little new to me. after searching and searching i found the timing marks on both the cam chain sprocket at the top, and the one on bottom. i lined everything up accordingly but i do think that the first time i did this i installed the cam with the lobes in the upward position while timing it at TDC