View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Did you pull the carb and clean it?

The slide needle position affects mid range fueling. If your problem is solely just idling... needing choke (more fuel) to stay idling... you need to check/clean the pilot jet in the carb. The pilot jet has such a tiny hole in it for fueling at idle... that it clogs easily from any rust or debris in the fuel... or clogs when gas varnishes (goes stale).

Cheers!
about all i have done to the carb so far is adjust the jet that is sticking out the side of it and almost had it idling that way without the choke. The carb had been cleaned by the previous owner of the bike and the bike was put away soon after so it has been ran maybe 4 or 5 times since the carb was cleaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Agreed. It could also be that the pilot mixture screw needs to be tweaked a bit.

Darkrider, yes, the clip is within the slide on the jet needle. As RC says, it's for midrange.
Would the pilot mixture screw be the one sticking out the side of the carb on the right side? That was the one i was playing with and as said had it pretty close to idling without choke.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)