View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
These bikes require tweaking for sure. Myself I consider that half the fun. Sitting around with nothing to do or better yet having too much to do and stressed out. Go to the garage and tinker with your China bike.

/
You don't need to tell me, I have been assembling / sorting my RPS Hawk bike for a couple days now. I have a mid range stumble / no power at mid RPM. I thought it was a carb issue, removed carb and adjusted mix screw several times to a no start condition. (screw on carb was plugged and tricky to remove) I was disappointed the carb needle is not adjustable, and the carb bowl does not appear removable, riveted and not bolted on? Is this possible? Is this my EPA helping us all?

Also, after removing the carb several times, I have had an intermittent no spark condition, which I now think was my main issue all along. I think I'm going to pull the tank and go over the wiring as well, perhaps try a different CDI. Kill switch not functioning as engine will run regardless. I'm also having difficulty finding neutral, but that is the least of my worries w/ the bike not running properly.

Any suggestions or merely a shoulder to cry on greatly appreciated.

Seems a very nice bike, just hoping I can get it sorted.
Thanks,
wilser