View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Is that an Emgo Travel Trunk? If so, how do you like it? Did you also purchase a Catoma Lone Rider tent? Finally, what is the storage system you have attached to the top of the trunk?[/QUOTE]

Spud, the trunk may have had a Emgo sticker on it when new . I seem to remember that name but it has "STlun" on the inside. A leftover from another bike. I believe it's another EBay Givi copy. It works well, quick detach but probably smaller then the one you have. I think yours is the all around price / size does matter "winner". Mine is bigger then the stock RX3 by maybe 1/3.
On top of the trunk I just slipped the red KLR tank bag panniers under the dry bag to hold water bottles. They are KLR specific , have a name brand on them but are back at the house so not sure who made them. The dry bag holds my sleeping bag and fleece bag liner. Beverly Hill Billie's would be proud I'm sure.
This is the Catoma 2 up motorcycle tent . It is suppose to be the one the forest fire fighters use because of quick setup and take down. Poles are always attached and snap into locking mode when setting up with spring loaded gizmos. Works fine for me and I've had it since 2011. Don't know if it's the best one to have but it lets me semi standup and plenty of room to put the panniers and trunk and my cot in when camping at one spot for awhile. Well built. No problems with it. Haven't had it in any major rain storms yet. rj

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CATOMA-2...item58c7cc3f49