View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #3827

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
...I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the ignition key supposed to match the luggage? I got two sets of keys, one for the ignition & seat release and the other that fits the side and top boxes...
The ignition key is different from the luggage key. I also have two sets of keys.

Quote:
2. The tires need to be inflated. Is there a way to keep wrinkles out of the tubes when I fill it up? On my mtn bike, I dust new tubes with talc or clean dirt. I think I'll fully inflate, partially deflate and then fully inflate again...
When I mount new tires, I also put talcum powder on the inner tube, and inside the tire. However, I think you have a good plan to fully inflate, partially deflate, and then fully inflate the tires again.

Quote:
3. Does anyone else hear the chain rub when moving the bike around? It's quiet for about half the travel but there's a scraping noise for the other half. Pretty sure it's on the chain side, but I'll check again in case it's the brake. The chain guard above the chain doesn't touch, but the chain does rest on a plastic guide on the swingarm. So maybe a little noise is normal.

Maybe related, I noticed the rear wheel isn't set to the same alignment marks on each side (though I know that may be normal too), so I'll have to check that...
I don't hear any obnoxious noise from the drive chain when I move my bike around. Indeed, I think the noise and the different alignment of the rear axle adjusters might be related. I suggest you remove the caps covering the swingarm bolt, and measure the distance from the center of the swingarm bolt to the center of the rear axle on both sides of the bike.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894