View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #23

Well thanks to the many post in this thread and the others I was able to replace my OEM, CST tires with the best I could get here in Iloilo City, Panay, Philippines; not exactly what I wanted but the best I could do here.

Since the OEM, CST brand tires suck (IMHO) and my selection of tires here in Iloilo City is limited and after much shopping around and calculating I settled on a Fuji Tire, Wing 2000, Trail Sports, 3.50 - 18 and a Samsun (they seem to be related to Dunlap somehow), what they call a Dual Sport (no model name or number) Series in 140/80 - 17 but has a pattern like the Shinko 705 for the rear. They are both larger in diameter than OEM and I was concerned more about the rear due to lifting the bike and making the already bad seat angle worse. It turned out to not be as bad as I'd thought in height; it is higher by about 3/4" and I'm only 5'6"". The traction was much better right off and they are not broken in yet, only 40 Km today in the rain but got on a good stretch of mud and gravel, felt much better than OEM. I forgot to measure the ground clearance before the fit and after (the best I could do with my helper) looks like 7 3/4" at the center stand bracket and 9 1/2" at the skid plate, that will do for my riding.

I might need to get a pair of slightly longer legs...

Riceburner