Thread: Klr250
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #1

Klr250

I bought a 09 klr250 yesterday. Around 5k miles in great shape. Am really impressed on the ride it gives on my 2.5 miles of dirt road to pavement. Probably is 150 lbs lighter than the Majesty scooter I had been riding and my back can sure tell the difference. Will probably ride it as is for a week or so before I get into adjusting the shocks, will wait till I get it legal and plated tomorrow to go for blacktop riding into town.

The tires are dunlops and maybe 50% so I will be changing them out later on this summer. The clutch and front brake levers are less than perfect too. I may try to aneal the one and bend it back, the other has the ball broken off and both still very useable. Have all the service records too. I am not impressed with the rubber hand grips, so those will get replaced with some thicker ones. If it had had bark busters the levers would still be fine so an thinking about a set of them.

If the chinese bikes would come with all the paper work needed I probably would have gone that route and saved some money. I went thru that a couple times, once with a scooter and once with a car from a local dealer. 3 weeks on the chinese scooter and 32 days with the car. Never again. The dealer for car sold me a car taken in trade and apparently had a loan on it so he did not legally own it and waited till the last min to pay it off and get title! After that last time if the title or mso does not come with it I am not going to do the deal. John