View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #40

07 25 2015 Update

So now that all painting is complete, and I am -- mostly-- satisfied with the results, here is some picks. Will look awesome once all is put back together. Still waiting on chopper style mirrors and new hand grips to come in. I cut the springs down 10 coils in the front fork tubes. Hoping for a 2" drop. Dumb me, I have no clue what the factory stance front height was, so no way to know if it is a true 2" drop.
On top of everything else, I had to order new rims. Was not planning on doing that right now. WAS going to go to a "fatty tire" in the rear, latter on when more money comes in. So I got the cheapest thing I could.
A set of 13" 3-spoke aluminum rims from one amazon seller, and a set of (forgot the brand but had excellent reviews) 130/60/13 tires from another amazon seller.
Reason is the factory Genuine Roughhouse50 (applies to the Buddy as well) rear 10" rim uses 110mm drum brake. The Long case GY6 uses a 130mm drum brake. Not sure what size the brakes are on a short case GY6 150, but I would be willing to bet they are 110mm.
If someone could verify that, it would be an important thing to know in reguards to one of the differences between a long and short case GY6.

For future reference!!!! -----> If anyone in any post anywhere asks about doing a GY6 swap, for the love of God, tell them to just buy a COMPLETE cheapest complete 150cc scooter!!!!!!!
Better yet, order one with rear disc brakes! It cost $350 to buy the parts to convert from drum to rear disc!!!

Even with the $250 shipping fees for a 150cc scooter, all the little bits & rims / tires / wire harnesses / exhaust system and on and on and on that is required for a GY6 swap makes buying a $259 engine (plus $69 S&H) NOT a bargain after all!!!!!

OK, so, picture time!
Attached Images