View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #14

Vent tube drips and oil leak

I'm having similar problems to Inroad.

After a longer freeway run, several tablespoons of "gas" drip out of my vent tube. Initially I also thought my oil level was rising, but now that I follow the recommended procedure for checking oil, I no longer think that is the case. And I no longer think its an injector problem, since the bike is running well. I now presume that the "gas" is unburned petroleum condensation that should have been run back to the airbox, but instead is collecting in the vent tube. While this may not be harmful, its not environmentally friendly and not so great for asphalt surfaces. I hope CSC and/or Zongshen come up with a remedy. I plan to take a look at the "hangers" that guide the black air tube from the separator along side the motor up to the airbox. Looks to me like they may be pinching the tube, which might block flow of crankcase fumes. Just a theory to look at.

And like Inroad, I am getting a film of oil on the engine, in my case mostly on the right side. I think its coming from a bolt or other fitting on the cylinder head -- I don't think is coming from the valve adjustment covers. I plan to pull the tank in the near future and see if I can find the source.

So far, I consider these teething problems. We're pioneers, after all.