View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My bad. I forgot that your bike has the horizontal motor.
No worries, I do eventually want to get one of its larger brothers. I had originally got this bike with the intention of using it to teach the Fiancee to ride then we learned it was easier for her to fit on my old Yamaha DT250 dual sport...So i am probably going to be searching for another DT250 or a DT175 for her to learn on and that will more then likely become her main bike once she learns...Her learning on the DT will be easier to teach her because i already have my 250 that she can probably ride for a bit too.

So with that said i guess im going to be setting this lil X33 up for myself...Suspension height wise it seems to be about right though i would like to adjust the rear shock so the spring is a little more firm in the rear. More then likely will end up draining the front forks and filling them with heavier weight fork oil along with some PVC plastic pipe spacers to increase preload on the front springs. I was able to adjust the air/fuel mix jet with the aid of a pair of needle nose vice grips but i still need to set it up a bit better...so i will probably wait till i can pull the carb and note where i have it set now.

Other then that i will probably end up doing the following:

Bicycle speedometer
rechargeable LED lights (seen some awhile ago that are self contained and are bright as hell while holding a charge for about 2 hours of use)

Might research retrofitting some sort of charging system onto the bike to run a gel cell battery and possibly an LED light like a Rigid dually 3x3 cube light as a permanent headlight.

If i can sort out the charging system idea there is a slim chance i might be able to register the bike as a street legal super moto type bike. If i manage that one...well there is a damn good chance i may go looking for spare rear hub to lace up a 17" rim to...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)