View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #37

Hmmm ok! I found this link which kind of explains the same basic process as the one you posted Adjuster but for some reason i found it far easier to understand....Basically it uses a 100 W H3 light wired straight off of one of the yellow wires...Not both..just one of them...Which makes sense...i may give this method a try to see where i get with it...it also looks like he eventually also fitted a rectifier to actualy build a charging system using a small battery...hmmm may be able to make something like an SLA battery for an emergency back up light work for that....Now i wont be able to have turn signals or anything..might be able to make some sort of stop/tail light work especially after the Rectifier is in place....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/100...t-on-pit-bike/

Edit: Found this link that makes it quite easy to understand how to have an actual battery in the system to charge up to run lights....now that i understand this part i think i now understand how to add a brake light to the bike...brake light switches are basic..they have power going to one side and output on the other side...the power imput can be pulled directly from the battery....and im sure i can wire the tail light part of things to the headlight switch so when i flick the switch it turns on the headlight and tail light at the same time....at least in theory...

http://www.miniriders.com/electrical...150-160-a.html

I will get this sorted out yet! I may not be able to ride it on the street but this will at least allow me to keep on riding at night!
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)