View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome back, 2LZ! How are things at your property coming along?

I have both types of quad, and they've both been terrific. Son of Weldangrind and I used the 150 GY6 to tow Jr. Dragsters, while riding two up. I don't recommend that kind of punishment, but it never failed.

We also rode both quads in a parade, and I'll never ride a clutched quad for that again. We rode so slowly that I was clutching all of the time, and the motor got quite hot. The GY6 rode like a charm, and the case fan helps to keep it cool.

I've also had zero trouble with China carbs, except finding jets for Keihin clones as I've made mods. The GY6 carb I have is a Keihin CV, and it's quite nice quality. The fuel enrichment circuit is automatic, and it always starts.
Hey Weld! Property has come along slowly this year for a couple reasons. One, I had some unexpected health issues that are now on the mend but before that, we spent most of Spring frantically building a couple of decks before the Dr. carved on me. One a rot replacement, other new. I may post the project in the general forum.

Thanks for the parade input. I never thought much about the low speed pulling and heat buildup. I just wasn't sure if the rubber belt of the CV would cook or not in an uphill, pulling environment. I know the GY6 scooter motors are also quite durable. Things to ponder.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350